SEEKING: Supportive Doctor Who Supports My Wishes When We Become Pregnant

I just wanted to post another blog tonight about something on my mind.

A lot of times, being pregnant when your high risk is stressful enough, so I am trying to plan ahead of time. I am trying to find a doctor who will be supportive of my wishes to have a 100% natural, non-induced, water birth, and I have told people if I can not have that, than I will birth at home.

No, I am not crazy, but I am seeking someone who will be supportive of my wishes. It is my labor and delivery, and I did not get what I wanted for L+D with Gabriella, and you should never feel as though you HAVE to do what a doctor says just because they're a doctor. They work for you. Not the other way around. I've seen so many woman be bullied into birth experiences they don't want and so that is why I am so adamant about my wants/needs. I'm hoping its realistic.

I feel like just because I am plus size, and high risk, a lot of doctors want to automatically say "your high risk, you need to be induced or you need a c-section" It is my body, and what is an induction doing? Forcing my body to do something it is not ready to do. So... I continue to search.

I have found out that Elliot Hospital does water births, but that your OBGYN has to be really supportive of this, so I am debating on if I would want to go to Milford Birthing Cottage if they were willing to accept my case, and birth there.

I want a 100% natural, non induced, no drugs, birth and want it to be my way, and I want to feel empowered about labor and not fearful. What more could a woman ask for?

I realize I am NOT an ordinary case, with my clotting issues, and MTHFR and then of course the other losses I have experienced and whatever may or may not be wrong with my uterus, but if other woman who are overweight, diabetic, or have mutations and don't know it, can experience the labor they want? Why can't I? No, this is not me being picky, this is me making a decision because it is my body, my experience and my choice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment