Insulin *sigh*

Well, I really *dislike* this but I knew it was coming. I now require Insulin in conjunct with my 2500mg Metformin... my beta cells in my pancreas only have little left... :( and will require it all throughout any pregnancy... 


I got a nice lecture about properly taking my Synthroid, and properly taking my Metformin... And about how I can only help myself they cant force me to help myself, and there is nothing they can do to make me, I am only making myself worse...



My TSH in December was 2.6 and that was down from November being 5.0. Dr Redy (my Endocrinologist) put me on 100mcg of Synthroid on Sunday, and the rest of the week take 50mcg. 



Looking at those labs, and getting education on how to properly take the Synthroid (i.e. not with iron pill, not with calcium, or antacid, or magnesium or with food ect) the nurse Shelly put me on 88mcg of Synthroid. So now I will take 88mcg daily of Synthroid, and then of course my 25ml of Riomet (Equiv to 2500mg of Metformin) daily, and if my blood sugar goes over 150, I take 2cc of the insulin...



So note to others reading this blog, diabetes doesn't and isn't caused from poor eating habits all the time, sure it can be caused from that, but diabetes can also be caused from years of insulin resistance which does damage to your pancreas cells... Once damage has been done, than unfortunately, you can't reverse that damage, only treat what the damage did... so what is done is done, sure diet, weight loss, exercise and whatnot will help, BUT unfortunately once your pancreas beta cells are completely gone, or almost gone, like mine, you can't really do much to help it, and diabetes will be brought on...

0 comments:

Post a Comment