When It Rains... Boy... Does it Rain...







Infertility SUCKS... 
I'm just going to throw that out there...

I used to like the sound of rain on my windowsill...
The fresh smell of rain hitting the pavement on a hot summer day...
But now I don't...
Because when it rains... boy it rains...

You know that analogy, that everything happens for a reason in life?
Yeah... I'm sick of hearing that one...
I wish I was able to be happy with the way things are working out
but I'm not... because my body won't cooperate with me and do the one thing it should be able to do!

Today's just not been my day...
 I'm in tears, and feel like giving up... 

Dr. Vitiello, my Reproductive Endocrinologist ordered a bunch of labs, and a work up as far as testing goes... 

Well, I know my insurance covers the lab work as far as LH, FSH, Rubella, TSH, Prolactin, Cystic Fibrosis, HIV I, II, and Hep B&C, Female Karotype, Anticardiolipid, and Lupus Anticoagulant... I also know that it covers the ultrasounds to be done...  so I'll get those tomorrow...

But, I'm greatly frustrated, because while all of these can be done for Cycle Day 3 testing... I still need to have an HSG-Sono, and an HSG done... 

According to Dr. Vitiello's Care Team...  
HSG-Sono looks at the uterine cavity, via X-Ray, and costs $510... 
HSG looks at the tubes, with a dye... and costs $710... and would need to be paid up front??
Who has that kind of money just laying around?? I wish I did... 

I spent approximately 20 minutes discussing this with Dr. Vitiello's Nurse on the phone... She said with my history of 5 miscarriages, 1 stillborn, and 1 chemical, that I'm going to need to look at getting IVF done, for $6800.. I wish I could just get pregnant naturally and have my body not reject the baby!! 

I told her that is the plan, but looking realistically at next year... I asked her if she could code HSG's as diagnostic, and she said there is no way to code HSG's as diagnostic.. HSG's are infertility tests...and my insurance doesn't cover infertility testing... even as a diagnostic measure... 

The thing that frustrates me is... the HSG's are being done to rule out polyps, and problems with fallopian tubes...  the insurance covered it in January, and won't cover it now? for a second opinion? Thats so messed up... how can you cover Clomid for infertility, and anovulation, but not cover an HSG which is a diagnostic procedure?? Makes no sense to me...

So while I can get the Lab Work done... I can't get the HSG's done... And I'm stuck waiting...  

I mean... maybe this is a sign from God that the Clomid will work... and I'll get pregnant... or maybe this is a sign that it truly isn't my time... who knows... I'm in tears right now... and I honestly feel like just giving up :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment