First OB Appt

Today, I had my very first prenatal appointment with a wonderful OB named Dr. Yoder Katsuki. She was the OB my high risk GYN recommended. She went down my list of health conditions, and my medications and told me what to start taking and what to not stop taking. She than scheduled the dating ultrasound, and referred to MFM. She and MFM would co-manage me. We also got to see baby peanut today for the first time. I cried! Cannot wait for my dating ultrasound!

Image may contain: ultrasound, screen and text

A closer look at baby, at 6 weeks; This ultrasound photo was very emotional for me to take, because last year on 11/4/2015; we were told we were miscarrying our son, Avery Matthew, and there were no fetal poles, and the sac hadn't increased and there was no heartbeat. This ultrasound overjoyed me, but filled me with emotions, because not only was there a teeny tiny baby there, but you could see electrical activity, which would develop into a forming heartbeat in the coming weeks. It was re-assuring, that baby was here to stay. It was also discouraging slightly, because babies CRL measured 6 weeks and 1 day, when baby should have been 7 weeks and 4 days, but my OB told me that at this early, its hard to tell, and they would order another ultrasound for proper dating.

0 comments:

Post a Comment