April 27th Update

Here are my recent updates:

1. On April 20th, I met with the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, and he explained to me the reason why my back pain is aggravated is because not only do I have sciatica, but I have something called "Somatic Dysfunction of the Sacral and Pelvic Region Secondary to Sacroilliac Joint Dysfunction" basically, this is a fancy way of saying my hips, and legs are improperly aligned, causing pain, and issues in my lower back. He did some stretching and manipulation and it helped! I see him back on May 11th for follow up. He said the hormone relaxin is typically to blame here.

2. April 26th: We had our 3D 4D Ultrasound at 4D Peak of Cleveland, and it was amazing to see the little guy growing! We got to see him smirking, but he had his foot by his face! We got a CD with images, DVD with video, and his heartbeat in a teddy bear! It was an amazing experience! (I promise I'll post photos of this shortly!)

3. April 27th: I started my weekly biophysical profile ultrasounds today. Lucius scored an 8/8 apparently he loves Caramel Frappacinos too, because he was all over the place moving haha. A BPP test may include a nonstress test with electronic fetal heart monitoring and a fetal ultrasound. The BPP measures your baby's heart rate, muscle tone, movement, breathing, and the amount of amniotic fluid around your baby. Basically, a fancier form of an ultrasound, and they have to score 8/8 ideally, but if 6/8 is scored, an NST is done, anything less than 6/8, is immediate observation at the hospital, for a few days. These will be done every week. So I go back next week for another scan. (See photos below)













0 comments:

Post a Comment