April 18th 2017 - Update

April 18th 2017: Today, I saw my OB for my routine OB appt. I weighed 240lbs. Not happy about this, as I worked so hard to get down to 230s in early pregnancy, but its likely due to the baby gaining weight, and I can work it off. I just hope and pray I don't get back to 254 :/ It was decided that I will be starting on a long lasting insulin in the evening time to help with high blood sugars in the PM/AM. My fasting blood sugars have been high (130s) so the thought is that the placenta is making more hormones and affecting the way my body processes blood glucose and therefore making me more insulin resistant. I also found out that Insulin is the reason that I am having the severe itching. I am allergic to latex and they have latex in them as a preservative. Unfortunately the need for insulin outweighs not taking it. No idea why pharmaceutical companies would do that with all the people who have latex allergies like I do. But it was good to have an answer. I am still on the short lasting insulin with meals in dinnertime (Humalog) the thought is that between the short and long lasting insulin we can control my diabetes better. Baby Lucius had a heart rate of 148 today. Biophysical Profiles start next week, weekly scans. They will be looking to see how fluid levels are, and how active the baby is. Induction Day is set for June 8th. Have I mentioned my family has an odd thing with dates? More specifically birth dates and death dates. This is Matt and I's anniversary date as well, so if all goes as planned, our son will share this with us. She did say it could change if there is any problems or complications like low fluid levels ect but to have everyone prepare for June 8th. IV iron infusions. I will continue these and discuss with Hem/Onc later today. Got my iron infusion at the hospital today. They want me to stop the Iron Pill because it's not beneficial to me if I am not having BMs every day to every other day and not going for a month. She said it's normal that I have the hemorrhoid issue as a result and to continue to use Vaseline and preparation h. I meet with my Hematologist/Oncologist later this afternoon to get labs, and to discuss changing from Lovonox to Heparin as well as the Iron Deficiency Anemia. I'll update with another note after the appointment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment