TWO




Today, you are TWO.

As I look back at photos preparing for your second birthday party, I get a bit teary eyed.



Wasn't it just yesterday I was praying for two pink lines as I dealt with heartbreak and infertility treatments month after month?
Wasn't it just yesterday that I had given up.
Wasn't it just yesterday I went through foster to adopt to have a child of my own.
And just yesterday I found out I was pregnant and was in disbelief and shock?
Wasn't it just yesterday that Nicole was photographing your gender reveal and entrance into this world?



Wasnt it just yesterday Vivi was giving me advice?
Wasnt it just yesterday as I gave birth to you 100% natural and determined to do so, that I sobbed as you were placed on my chest and cried for the first time?
Wasn't it just yesterday that Bobbi was photographing your 1/2 birthday and 1st birthday photo smash?


 

Wasn't it just yesterday you got baptized? Met Mama Carolyn for the first time.
Wasn't it just yesterday I was holding you in my arms as you cried. Rocking you back and forth.
















Wasn't it just yesterday you got your first nightmare or wanted me to kiss your booboos and make it better?
Wasnt it yesterday you took your first steps? Called to me 'Mama'?
I swear. I blinked and now you're two.
And I can't believe this is happening.
Slow down, time.





I am so incredibly happy and blessed to be your mom.
Gabby is so incredibly blessed to be your sister and she loves and adores you so stinking much.




Your godmother Felicia loves you so much.
Your Aunty Vanessa and Tiffany love you too.
You have some amazing little cousins to grow up with.
You have some amazing grandparents and great grandparents.
You have an amazing family that loves you.


My little man... You're not so little anymore...
You have brought light back into my eyes and given me hope again. You made me believe in miracles and myself. You make me smile when I am feeling down and make me want to be a better mom and person.



I am so happy you're a mommy's boy. I hope that never changes. I am so incredibly proud of the little man you have become. I looked forward to everything you accomplish in the coming year, my love.

Happy TWO!
I will see you tonight at 5 and we will celebrate tomorrow with Dinner and Sunday with your party.
Mommy loves you.
So.
Stinking.
Incredibly.
Much.
❤️😭
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment